What To Include
When writing a compound prescription please include the following information. We are happy to consult with you regarding your patient's prescription if you have questions.
- Patient name
- Date of birth
- Best daytime phone number for patient
- Active drug name
- Dose/Strength/Concentration (i.e. Capsule, Cream, Suspension, etc)
- Directions for use
- Quantity to dispense
- Number of refills authorized
- Contact information for prescriber
- Veterinarians: Per the FDA, you must provide a reason for compounding on patient specific orders.