The History of Taylors
Taylors Pharmacy is the oldest drug store in Winter Park and quite possibly in Florida. Originally located on the corner of Morse Blvd and Park Ave, this building was the first structure built on Park Avenue in the mid 1800’s. The building was the town’s general store, post office and school. In the late 1890’s Roland Hotard, a physician from Louisiana, opened the town’s first medical practice on the 2nd floor and a pharmacy on the 1st floor.
The building was used as a pharmacy for over 100 years. The name changed several times until Bill Taylor purchased the business in 1947. There were five drugstores on Park Avenue at that time, but Taylors quickly became recognized as the best. By offering free long distance phone calls home for Rollins college students and free home delivery, Taylors set itself apart. In 1988, Allen and Debbie Deaver purchased the business, continuing its reputation for excellence. Today, Taylors in a nationally recognized compounding pharmacy specializing in medication for veterinarians, zoos and theme parks across the country. We also continue our thirty year tradition of compounding for hormone replacement therapy in women and men.
CAN'T FIND WHAT YOU NEED?
Call us, we can help! Our staff is always available to assist with research on medication therapy for even the most difficult cases. We are faculty members for the University of Florida College of Pharmacy and serve as an internship training center for senior pharmacy students.